Saturday, March 11, 2006

Who can be my Lover?

Dipanjan tagged me.

I will copy/paste (most used utility in computers, I suppose, makes life so easy) the rules from him –

  1. The tagged victim has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover
  2. You have to mention the sex of the target.
  3. Tag 8 victims to join this game and leave a comment on their comments saying they've been tagged.
  4. If tagged the 2nd time, there's no need to post again.

I have never given much thought about the qualities my perfect lover should have. Coming up with 2-3 points was easy but then it required a bit of brainstorming to meet the limit. My being single is not so much for my stringent criteria as it is for the lack of quantity that I have been exposed to, that too in a highly competitive situation (read IIT). I had once put down the criteria to get a girlfriend, and with quite some deliberation decided that I satisfied none of those. May be I will talk about those in the next post.

Well, now the points. And if you were in any doubt, the target sex is female.

  1. Must have a minimum level of intellect. Actions and words should come through a filter called brain before getting their way out to the world. I can’t stand dumb people. This is the most important and only must-have criterion. As I am heading towards an arranged marriage with 99.99% probability, I am wondering how to guarantee that the person satisfies this point.
    (This includes that the person doesn’t babble and laugh all the time.)
  2. Should be alive and energetic. I have the tendency to become like those who are around me. Being with a dull partner will make myself dull.
  3. Should be nice to talk with. Point one and two don’t always ensure this one. An intelligent and energetic person is not necessarily one you enjoy talking to. This requires wit, humor, basic knowledge and understanding of the everyday world, capacity to describe or analyze things and the very crucial one, interest to listen to what the other is saying.
  4. Should have a sense of art, not so esoteric but more mundane like the sense of colours and designs. I am often at a loss while choosing garments or bed covers or anything for that matter that has an appeal to the aesthetic sense. I can’t decide what to give someone as a present on an occasion. I need a relief.
  5. Should cook well. I am dying to have ‘ghar ka khana’ on a regular basis.
  6. Should understand the importance of money.
  7. Should understand my passions with work, not necessarily office work.
  8. Should be decent looking. I really don’t care much about the look as long as the other criteria are matched and as long as it doesn’t go below a threshold.

As I don’t know whether it is a standard to tag unknown people and since Dipanjan has already tagged many of the people I know in blogosphere, I could tag only Varun, Jayanta and Suvro.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dipanjan Das said...

ei to chai!

March 11, 2006 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

next question..
How would u like your REAL lover to be?

P.S:read my scrap on orkut...

March 11, 2006 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me. First time ever. Sniff. :-) I hope I can come up with something interesting...

March 11, 2006 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my post titled "My perfect lover"

http://www.thoughtfulchaos.com/blog/2006/03/11/my-perfect-lover

March 11, 2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger K said...

I did not know u have already been tagged.I tagged you as well..

March 12, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Abar amake tag korar ki dorkar chhilo bhaai ? Oi to baal-chhal likhechi .. I m still learning the art of writing ..

Aar tui ki khub shiggir saat-paanke badha porchis ?? mone to hochhe taai i ..

March 20, 2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

nijer Jibon-sangini ke ekdin peye jaabi .. Ota nie bhabis na ..

March 20, 2006 5:03 PM  
Blogger kb said...

@talk2jay : na na amar saat-paanke badha pora anek deri aache, tui funda na die chatpat post-ta likhe fal

March 21, 2006 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home