Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Anniversary

I should have made this post a week back; anyway, I will do it now. The 6th day of this month marked the anniversary of joining my first job. 6th June 2005, I had joined the company. I was happy to join.

The 8th day of this month marked the day of my first resignation. I am happier to leave. When I joined I didn’t expect the world, but definitely I expected more than what I got. I won’t whine about it all together again. But the work was a mess, no doubt.

Still there are things that I gained in this one year. Some of them I will treasure for the rest of my life –

  • A new bunch of friends. I refuse to tag them with the rather serious sounding term of ‘colleagues’.
  • A computer language called ‘Java’ which I knew existed but never learnt more than that it exists. (Don’t misinterpret it as declaring myself a Java expert; I am only much better off when compared to my earlier self.)
  • A novel experience of sharing apartment with people. Being in a hostel or being at home is different. A tip here; don’t stay with too many people, don’t stay with too few. 2-3 is optimum I think.
  • A city – Mumbai
  • A blog - http://mumbaidays.blogspot.com/
  • A website - http://geocities.com/intro_to_multimedia/
  • An unexpected title of CS God. (CS = Counter Strike). Don’t laugh -:)
  • An insight into how companies work. No elaboration will be entertained in this section.
  • A piece of knowledge – communication skills are just too important for your work to neglect even if you are doing technical work.
  • A new sense of enthusiasm for study. I think I am more motivated for a PhD than I was while leaving IIT.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what abt the pot-belly?(which was already there but has inflated?):P

June 14, 2006 8:34 PM  
Blogger Souvik said...

no comments [:P} ... he he!!

June 15, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger kb said...

@C-212 : The pot-belly is still the same size

June 16, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger Psycho McCrazy said...

CS god ho gaye aap.... gotta make chow to cut u back to size :P

June 19, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!

Joel
JHouston791@gmail.com

September 20, 2012 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home